What do you think this Yu Xiang 668 R8W 1080p Camera Drone Flight Test Review video?
In my first review, I was unaware that this WiFi FPV quadcopter also had the ability to record in 1080p HD. My bad. This second look at this quadcopter demonstrates its 1080p camera. Find it here, and use coupon code rc18off for 18% savings https://goo.gl/gyHKzz
Also check out flash sales here https://goo.gl/PCvBAA
– Can record in 1080p HD video if a memory card is inserted into the camera. Most other WiFi FPV quadcopters do not have memory card recording nor HD video capability.
– Wide angled lens provides good view of objects in front and near the sides of the quadcopter. This provides better situational awareness to help avoid crashing into objects when flying FPV. Long nose extension on camera places the lens far forward so that propellers do not show up in video.
– Also includes altitude hold to help ease FPV flying.
– Uses widely available and common WiFi UFO app available on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lewei.multiple.lewei&hl=en and itunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-ufo/id977558457?mt=8
– Video is recorded directly to your phone or tablet. No need for external memory card.
– Great flier. Can be very stable in low rate, yet very maneuverable and sporty in high rate.
– Headless mode and one key return
– Undocumented automatic takeoff and landing capability (press the throttle trim button up to takeoff, and down to land).
– Does not require FAA registration
– It does record in 1080p 16:9 aspect ratio HD when using a memory card. However, the video is very grainy (possibly interpolated), and includes much jello.
– Recorded WiFi video is in 4:3 aspect ratio. Will need to use video editor to stretch it to more suitable 16:9 wide screen aspect ratio.
– In my part one review, the quadcopter dropped to the ground when it reached the end of its battery life. However, in this part two review, it descended to an automatic landing when the battery was depleted. Am not sure why the difference, or what caused the drop in the part one review.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.
Be sure to share this Yu Xiang 668 R8W 1080p Camera Drone Flight Test Review video!