What do you think this Cheap 1080p HD Micro Camera For Mini Sized Quadcopters video?
– It’s cheap, retailing for about $14.
– 1080p, 720p, and even nightime IR video recording. Not fantastic quality video (you’re not going to get a GoPro for $14), but it’s a better camera than that poor 0.3MP WiFi camera that your quadcopter came with.
– It’s tiny and light (weighs 28 grams), and can easily be lifted by mini (ex. Syma X5C) and larger sized quadcopers.
– Can not be lifted by smaller micro and nano sized quadcopters.
– I used velcro mounting, which seemed to aggravate jello. You might want to try coming up with firmer mounting than what I used.
– It can get hot if you use a constant external power source (such as using a power cable in your car).
– Minimal file compression with MJPEG. This means very large filesizes, and possible frame dropping if you use a cheap memory card that can’t keep up. Recommend using Class 6 memory card or higher.
– Nightime IR recording works, but it’s very short range with the four tiny LED IR lights. ou might want to use additional IR emitters if you need increased range.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
Be sure to share this Cheap 1080p HD Micro Camera For Mini Sized Quadcopters video!